SOME HINTS AND TIPS FOR A GREAT STRESS FREE PARTY!
1. Tie a bunch of balloons to the front door; it guides guests to the party and sets the mood.
2. Save squeakers, blowers and balloons till the end - or they could ruin the party! Hang
the balloons up, out of reach, and give one to each child as a going home present.
3. Get a big cardboard box and as the children arrive, put the presents they bring safely into
it, so that they may be opened AFTER the party. This way, you will know 'who brought what' so that 'thank you letters' can be sent. This also ensures that nothing gets
lost or broken.
4. Seating children around a table for the meal is always preferable because you isolate the
food and drink in one area. However, if space is at a premium, buffet meals can work very well. Put an old sheet or similar on the floor for the children to sit around.
Give the drinks out after the children have sat down with their food, to avoid them being knocked over.
5. Don't serve food, ice-cream or other refreshments once the magic show has begun - it's
asking for trouble! Most of the food will end up on your carpet and sticky fingers will be everywhere.
6. Send out your invitations and hire your entertainer EARLY. If someone else in your
child's class plans a party on the same day, it can cause a lot of problems and may result in YOU having to change your plans.
7. Do hire a reputable professional entertainer to run your party. It is a worthwhile
investment because to the birthday child, this is one of the most important days of the year. (It also saves YOU a lot of hard work!)
8. Finally....forget about the washing up and join in the fun yourself!